Welcome!

:Dren of the Wilderness is my blog about Michigan outdoor fun. I am interested in connecting with other hikers, kayakers, campers, and outdoor enthusiasts. I want to help other people get out to enjoy nature without disturbing it. I am looking forward to sharing everything that I know about outdoor sports and travel in America's High-Five! Email me at drenofthewild@gmail.com if you have any comments! Check out the pictures at the bottom of this page or at our Photobucket.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We are a friendly people...



I have sent out quite a few messages to people telling them about the blog and what my goal is here. I haven't had any responses, but I am hoping that I hear back soon. I am more of a face-to-face person, though, so I am looking forward to getting out and actually talking to people about the blog. I really want to make friends with more outdoors enthusiasts and help make a place where we can share information and learn from each other.

I think my only fear is that people will not be accepting of my style. I mean, I have basic kayaks, I own absolutely nothing that has a North Face tag on it, and I usually look like I am ... I don't know, heading to the flea market or something. So let it be known that you can come as you are. I am not going to be a snob to anyone (I live in Grand Haven--snob heaven--and I hate that about my town).

I have two more articles to put up, but I have to find time to edit them and find accompanying pictures. Hope you are enjoying the heat! This is crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment