Welcome!

:Dren of the Wilderness is my blog about Michigan outdoor fun. I am interested in connecting with other hikers, kayakers, campers, and outdoor enthusiasts. I want to help other people get out to enjoy nature without disturbing it. I am looking forward to sharing everything that I know about outdoor sports and travel in America's High-Five! Email me at drenofthewild@gmail.com if you have any comments! Check out the pictures at the bottom of this page or at our Photobucket.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Who are you and what are you doing here?


Who needs two blogs? Me, I guess. This is my new blog that is just for travel writing. I have been having so much fun out in the woods and on the water and I want to share my adventures and knowledge with everyone, but I want to keep it separate from my grumpy opinions on books and college classes.

So this is the beginning. I am going to take my favorite travel stories from the other blog and put them here, but I hope that I will be able to keep writing about new trips, too.

On top of all of this, I'd like to connect with people in Michigan and talk about good places to camp, hike, and paddle. I have already come across many bodies of water and parks that are great, but there are little or no resources on the internet that list them. Together we can share own knowledge, our tips about what to look out for, and everything that you need to know about having a vigorous or relaxing time in the Michigan outdoors.

Keep an eye out for new posts and tell me if there is anything you'd like to see. You can drop me an email at drenofthewild@gmail.com. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment