Welcome!

:Dren of the Wilderness is my blog about Michigan outdoor fun. I am interested in connecting with other hikers, kayakers, campers, and outdoor enthusiasts. I want to help other people get out to enjoy nature without disturbing it. I am looking forward to sharing everything that I know about outdoor sports and travel in America's High-Five! Email me at drenofthewild@gmail.com if you have any comments! Check out the pictures at the bottom of this page or at our Photobucket.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!


Happy Memorial Day, everyone! We aren't having very nice weather currently, but hopefully some of you are getting out.

My husband and I spent all day Saturday out on Benton Lake with our friends and it was a great day trip. We saw a Bald Eagle! How often do you get to see one of those in the wild, right? Anyway, I will write a piece about it and put it up soon.

Also, I am heading up to the Sleeping Bear Dunes area on Tuesday with some friends that have never been there. We should have some awesome pictures after that trip.

Have a good week and email me if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Your dad and I were kayaking on Bear Lake as saw a Bald Eagle also. Looks like they are coming back.
    Have fun up north.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete